Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module soft reset

stefano23
Associate II
Posted on April 04, 2016 at 10:15

Good morning to all,

I have a little problem with my module. After a filesystem update I send the command AT+CFUN=1 to reset the module. The module return OK, return ''+WIND:2:Reset'' but don't resect. Why?

Stefano

#spwf01sa #bug
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on April 04, 2016 at 10:23

ciao Stefano,

please be sure that boot pin is not high after reset

j

stefano23
Associate II
Posted on April 04, 2016 at 10:30

Boot pin is left floating and the mosule starts correctly after an hard reset. Only the soft reset fail.

Stefano
Posted on April 05, 2016 at 16:00

No idea :(

can I have the serial number of the module?

configuration variable called ''nv_serial''

stefano23
Associate II
Posted on April 07, 2016 at 15:08

Serial number is 2015D02659.

Stefano
Posted on April 07, 2016 at 15:58

Checked production logs. Module was sane.

You can contact your local ST distributor to replace current broken module (and open a failure analysis on bad part you have).

Before, please be sure that HW (board) is sane. Test module's pins. Check I/O levels (mainly Reset line).

Only for debugging purpose: is there the same behavior when different baudrate is set? Do you notice the same problem working on different environment (change PC, change serial tool, change eval-board, change module)?

Let me know

j

daniil
Associate II
Posted on July 25, 2016 at 10:54

Hi!

I've found the same problem after upgrading firmware from 3.3 to 3.5...

After sending the command AT+CFUN=1 (0..4, doesn't matter) my SPWF01 answers:

+WIND:2:Reset and ...NOMORE. It does not response on any console commands. It seems to be ''hang on''.

How can I fix this bug?

Posted on July 27, 2016 at 11:27

Hi Daniel,

are you facing this problem on evaluation board, or your custom board? My suspect is on boot or reset pins, since module is correctly rebooting. In the first case, STM32 bootloader is running in place or wifi application FW, in the second case, STM32 is on reset line. Please use an oscilloscope to monitor boot/reset lines.

If you see this problem on evaluation board, please contact your local ST distributor.

Regards

jerry

daniil
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2016 at 11:56

Hi, Jerry!

Thank you for your answer.

At first, I use SPWF on my custom board. I attached a piece of circuit.

At second, I used a scope to monitor RESET and BOOT pins.

There are results.

BOOT: 0V before using AT+CFUN=1. 0V after. No reaction.

RESET: 3.3V before. And It get down to 2.8V after! And It stays on this voltage level continuously. While I do not press RESET button.

May be It is a key to solve the problem?

Best regards, Daniel.

Attachments :

SPWF_connection_circuit.png : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I1Qg&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bmt%2FL3pA3hYzests_XfV5icD3LL3HXEXnS_3KLSt6jHpg5w&asPdf=false
Posted on July 28, 2016 at 18:57

Hi Daniel,

I think that's the key. HW reset works because your 0.1uF capacity is empty...

What about your externam MCU output pin? Push-Pull or OpenDrain? Try to leave it floating while running a SW reset.

j