Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI Library STM3241G EVAL BOARD PROBLEM

camilomelo88
Associate
Posted on July 12, 2014 at 00:04

Hi to all,

I'm really new with STM products, I have a discover board STM3241G-EVAL, I'm going to try to explain my problem with the GUI embedded library:

- The configuration of the source files is done, I can display icons, text, buttons in the LCD.

- I use the STM software to generate the screens for my app, but here is my problem, I wanna use icons like buttons, but if a screen have more that 3 icons, the program goes to the BusFault_Handler function.

Here is a part of my code:

This part is when the code runs fine:

GL_Page_TypeDef *CurrentScreen;

GL_Page_TypeDef inicio;

Create_PageObj( &inicio ); 

GL_PageControls_TypeDef* TEXT2= NewLabel(5,(uint8_t*)''HOLA MUNDO'',GL_HORIZONTAL,GL_FONT_SMALL,TEXT1Color);

AddPageControlObj(303,120,TEXT2,&inicio);

/*GL_PageControls_TypeDef* ImgConfig= NewIcon (1,ImgConfig_Image,30,30,GL_NULL);

AddPageControlObj(303,176,ImgConfig,&inicio);

*/

GL_PageControls_TypeDef* ImgTerminal= NewIcon (2,ImgTerminal_Image,30,30,GL_NULL);

AddPageControlObj(303,64,ImgTerminal,&inicio);

GL_PageControls_TypeDef* ImgSave= NewIcon (3,ImgSave_Image,30,30,GL_NULL);

AddPageControlObj(303,16,ImgSave,&inicio);

inicio.ShowPage(&inicio,GL_TRUE);

/***************************************/

but, if you uncomment the line that appear like comment, then, the problem happens and the BusFault appear

#stm32
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on July 12, 2014 at 00:39

It's not really a ''discovery'' board ST has some much lower cost/function boards with that naming.

You might want to double check what kind of heap size you have, and if there are any other defines limiting object arrays to a couple of items
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
camilomelo88
Associate
Posted on July 12, 2014 at 01:07

thanks a lot for your quickly answer, like I said I'm new on this, Can you explain me how can I configure the heap size in IAR?

Posted on July 14, 2014 at 11:49

Hi melo.camilo,

To edit you IAR project heap size, you've just to:

- Go to Project

â–º

Options

â–º

Linker

â–º

Config Tab

- Edit Linker configuration file

- In the box that pops up there is a Stack/Heap Sizes tab