Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery STM32L152C Touch Sensing

adam2
Associate
Posted on July 20, 2014 at 15:58

Hi all,

Where can I find more documentation on the STMTouch library? I have read UM1606 but don't get how it works.

The manual says to start with one of the included example files but I cannot get them to work on the Discovery board. I am using the latest CooCox compiler.

#stm32-discovery-touch
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on July 20, 2014 at 17:58

STM32L1_Discovery_Firmware_Pack_V1.0.3\Projects\AN3413-Current_consumption_touch_sensing\src\tsl_user.c

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
adam2
Associate
Posted on July 22, 2014 at 05:03

Well yes I've already read through that and the STMTouch examples. I don't think that it properly explains how the touch library works - for example, what are the threshold values for? What is the ''shield'' setting and why is it different from one example to another? Should you put all your TKeys into one bank or should they be in separate banks? What about clocking, do you have to run HSI clock? if so, what speeds are acceptable? There are so many things not covered by the documentation.

Anyway, I have figured out why the demos wouldn't compile for me. It turns out that the CMSIS library in CooCox is an older version and has a few bugs and omissions. Now that it works, I can cut & paste it into my own application but it bothers me that there is this big chunk of code in my application and I don't adequately understand how it works.

RGumb
Associate

Download examples for dev board stm32f072: en.stm32snippetsf0.zip

TSC project egazample is very simple.

I could not compile SW4 project with Atolic ...

IAR project works without problem . main.c is good commented .