Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine output compare channels number

mohamed-amine
Associate II
Posted on August 20, 2014 at 10:23

Hello,

First of all, I want to determine how many output compare channel  the STM32F407VGT6 (STM32F4DISCO'S MCU) has.

In the PIC32 MCU's for example, Output Compares are regarded as separate devices even if they need Timer 2 or 3 to work (we can choose the timer in the configuration register and its size too (16 bits : timer 2 or 3, 32 bits : timer 2 AND 3 ), Actually I didn't understand STM32 logic for that ! I will soon study the correct example from the firmware.

Sorry for bad english and thank you.
1 REPLY 1
Posted on August 20, 2014 at 15:15

Going to depend significantly on the number of pin you have on your device, and what features you're actually using.

You'd want to review the part Data Sheet, and get a pen/paper. There's also Cube and Micro Xplorer but I'm not sure how effective that is.

The Data Sheet and Reference Manual should give you an idea about the size and channels of the available timers. Each timer has a single counter, you can limit the range by programming the period value. All the 32-bit timers will be on the slower APB1. A couple of the timers don't have externally visible outputs.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..