Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent low level driver from changings

Patriks
Senior
Posted on September 09, 2014 at 14:31

Hello,

Unfortunately, a few moments before I found out that I lost all changes I had manually done within the CAN low level drivers (changins in number of RX message buffers, filters, filter IDs, filter masks, ...). Just everything which I was not able to configure by using the SPC5 Application Configuration. I only wanted to change the compliler optimization level.

Is there a way, how I can prevent several files from beeing new generated or cleared when I generate the application configuration? Or what is the best way when I wanted to adapt a project (for example using DSPI) without loosing all changes in the other HAL components?

Best regards,

Patrik
1 REPLY 1
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on September 09, 2014 at 15:08

Hello Patrik ,

in several weeks , there is a new SPC5Studio feature in testing to keep your local updates

with this feature called ''Patch Mode'', you should be able to manually update any low level driver in lib directory and keep your local updates without risk to lose someting after generation.

example : can_lld.c / can_lld.h should be updatable.

in this current version, the best way for you is to create a standalone project.

and export your application to keep a history and save locally your updated files.

Best regards

Erwan