Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start SPC5 studio after crash

Patriks
Senior
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 14:05

Hello,

I am not able to start SPC5 Studio after it crashes during I worked with the pin map wizard. When I start the application, it only shows me that an error log in the .log has been created. The entry shows me following errors:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2014-10-21 12:25:17.456

!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2014-10-21 12:25:17.861

!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.st.tools.spc5 (611).

!STACK 0

How can I repair my workspace or create a new one without re-installing SPC5 Studio?

Best regards,

Patrik

6 REPLIES 6
Nickname2722_O
Associate II
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 15:25

Hello Patrick,

First of all, backup your application folder in a safe place. (Your application is currently in C:\SPC5Studio\workspace\<your application name>)

Then can you provide the following things (as attachments in the reply of this thread )? :

- the configuration.xml (in C:\SPC5Studio\workspace\<your application name> folder)

- the log file (in C:\SPC5Studio\workspace\.metadata folder)

- the name of the application you chose when you started up (for example: SPC560Dxx OS-Less Test Application for Discovery)

Best Regards.

Ghislain Ballester.

Patriks
Senior
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 16:47

Hello,

I have several SPC5 projects within my workspace folder. I attached the configuration of the project I worked on when SPC5 Studio crashed.

Actually, i was able to open the SPC5 Studio again. I found this solution for eclipse on the internet:

1. Try deleting

<workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap

2. As suggested in a comment: If using Eclipse 4, you may have to delete the file

.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi

aswell.
After that, I was able to start SPC5 Studio again. Then I created a new workspace and imported my project in this new workspace. But now, the editor shows severall errors within my code (i attached a screenshot). I even never saw this little bugs on the left side of each error line. Nevertheless, i can build the project without any errors. How is this possible? A colleague installed SPC5 Studio completly new (he never had it on his PC). When he imports my project, it shows the same behaviour.

Best regards,

Patrik

Attachments :

errors.png : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0Yj&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000baN%2FdXJrHkLLMDsyqZpUQlvzFAAzSmduIME3DCyYhm.jM4A&asPdf=false
Nickname2722_O
Associate II
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 17:25

Hello Patrick,

The decorators that you see should be removed if you modify the code analysis policies.

This is done as such (see attachment as well) :

Open the preferences window:

Window/Preferences.

Open the Code Analysis section:

''C/C++''/Code Analysis.

Make sure that only: potential Programming Problems check boxes are ticked.

Regards.

Ghislain Ballester.

Attachments :

Capture.PNG : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006qWsh&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000boa%2FUDw89eItwZaQfFovTkzLGUfmMPDcsOipd9HjFVSGlbE&asPdf=false
Patriks
Senior
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 17:48

Hello!

Thanks, this modification helped. But what was the reason that I didn´t saw the decorators before the SPC Studio crashes? And why shows a new installation of SPC5 Studio on the PC of my colleague the same behaviour? Is this setting part of the project or a general SPC5 Studio setting?

Best regards,

Patrik

Nickname2722_O
Associate II
Posted on October 22, 2014 at 10:46

Hello Patrick,

This setup is related to the workspace you are using.

SPC5Studio is installed by default with a predefined workspace (under C:\SPC5Studio\workspace), which is already configured for not showing these warnings.

Your colleague may have selected an alternate workspace when starting SPC5Studio.

Regards.

Ghislain.

Patriks
Senior
Posted on October 22, 2014 at 16:58

Hello Ghislain,

Ok and is there any way to restore the configuration of the default workspace?

Thanks and best regards,

Patrik