Posted on February 03, 2010 at 14:27

Block commutation STM32

#motor-control #six-step #block
9 REPLIES 9
Tomas DRESLER
Senior II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:19

Hello Patrick,

stay tuned, the 6-step is under development, early working sensorless stage is there, I will have final version in about a month.

Tomas

patrick
Associate II

Hello Tomas,

I want to ask what is the current status of the block commutation for the STM32.

Is the library already published on your website?

Perhaps you can give me an information.

Thank you.

Patrick

dschuler947
Associate

HI Tomas

Is there any chance of a pre-release version if you have sensorless working as that would be our requirement.

Paul

frankschreib
Associate

Hello Tomas,

I have the same problem like Patrick. I need the block commutation to realize slow speed application. Do you have realize this now and is it possible to get this?

Frank

muratterzi2
Associate II

Foc method gives the best torque and speed performance if combined with a quadrature encoder. Block commutation has several disadvantages such as torque ripples, high power losses, load dependent noise ,vibration and  low  powe factor . These drawback makes impossible use of bldc for position control aplications. On the other hand block com. is suitable for cheap low performanced processors needles of acurate control properties.

Hello Thomas,

i have done a project with BLDC motor with hall sensor. I prepared some code and put it on mikrocontroller.net wiki.

see: http://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles/Prog_bsp_timer_2_bldc_hall

Greetings,

Lukas

muratterzi2
Associate II

Lukas good job you did! Thanks. can you share all codes included with library.

lumley
Associate II

Has 6 step been released?  Do you have an estimated ETA?  How may I get a copy?  Thanks

Tomas DRESLER
Senior II
Posted on November 18, 2011 at 21:05

Here it is, guys! The solution is as-is, not ST official package and no support available.