cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32F4 Disco] Connect CAN 1 RX to EXTI 0

nikofionn
Associate
Posted on July 23, 2014 at 22:35

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on July 23, 2014 at 22:40

This forum software does not support posting from mobile devices (Phones, Tablets).

Perhaps if it's connected to PD0?
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
nikofionn
Associate
Posted on July 24, 2014 at 10:32

****update****

I just had a quick chat with an STM engineer, who told me, that what I am trying to do, will not work...

There is no way to connect the interrupt behind the CAN filter to an EXTI line, because they are not working in STOP-Mode.

So, there are two ways left to get a quick solution (without changing hardware):

- Enter STOP-Mode via WFE - Wait for event. This would wake up the MCU without an ISR, which would be fine for now.

- Enable the EXTI line connected to RX-Pin just before entering STOP-Mode and disabling the EXTI line again after wake up. Otherwise an Interrupt would occur with any CAN message, which is not my aim.

I will try to get the STOP-Mode working using the WFE - sequence. Can anybody give me some hints? I will post my code later on 😉

Good morning clive1,

I reworked my posting, as I did not know, thath mobile devices are not supported 🙂

Kind regards,

Niko

Posted on July 24, 2014 at 16:18

Your EXTI configuration is wrong

// EXT_INT0 connect to Pin0 [GPIOD] = RX-PIN

SYSCFG_EXTILineConfig(EXTI_PortSourceGPIOD, GPIO_Pin_0);

Should be

// EXT_INT0 connect to Pin PD0

SYSCFG_EXTILineConfig(EXTI_PortSourceGPIOD, EXTI_PinSource0); 

Whether the state of the pin is usable is debatable, not sure the if you want an Event, if you configured an Interrupt. I'd go for WFI
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..