cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 Discovery, ST-Link not working

ezequiel
Associate II
Posted on July 29, 2014 at 01:49

Hi i'm new using ARM architecture i bought the STM32F4 Discovery Evaluation Card, it stop working after trying to load my first program, the demostration code no longer runs, the only thing is doing when i plug the USB cable is, LD2(PWR), LD4 and LD8, my pc does not detect the device it says USB Device Not Recognized,

i'm using MDK-ARM it no longer detects the device, glad someone could help me, i couldn't even load my first program :/, Sorry for my bad english

#st-link-not-working #st-link
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on July 29, 2014 at 02:48

Jumper BOOT0 to VDD, and restart the board to eliminate user code as an issue.

If you still have an unknown device you need to make sure you have current drivers. Download the most recent ST-Link Utilities, and install that. Can you see the board now?
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ezequiel
Associate II
Posted on July 29, 2014 at 08:16

i'm pretty sure this is not a driver problem, i installed the drivers before and it was working well, till y tried to load a program

Posted on July 29, 2014 at 14:21

Shorting on the bench? Conductive foam?

Measure the 5V, 3V, and 1.25V on the VCAP capacitors?
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ezequiel
Associate II
Posted on July 29, 2014 at 19:06

ST-Link Utility does not detect the board, the 5V source has only 2.89V, and the 3V source has 2.46V, the first thing i find wrong is D1, it has more than 2V between A-K terminals, so there is 5V in A and 2.89V in K, as i know K terminal goes to 5V source may be the D1 the problem?