Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM3210B Not getting detected

shauns87
Associate II
Posted on September 10, 2014 at 22:09

Hi,

I have STM3210B and I am trying to connect it to PC. However, I am unable to connect it. I have installed all the STLink V2 drivers. Besides, I also download STVP tools as well, which installed its drivers.

When I insert the usb in my PC, I do not get the new hardware found window. When I check in Device manager, I am unable to find the device connected. 

Please help me identify the problem, so I can fix it.

Shashank
11 REPLIES 11
Posted on September 10, 2014 at 22:27

The STM3210B-EVAL does NOT have an on-board ST-LINK, you are plugging in the boards USB connector, and it would need to be loaded with a USB firmware (VCP, MSC, etc) for your PC to recognize it.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
shauns87
Associate II
Posted on September 11, 2014 at 06:36

Hello Clive,

I have STLink V2 debugger through which I am trying to connect the board to the

PC. Accordingly, I have installed the respective drivers.

I still don't know what is left that it is not detecting the hardware.

Posted on September 11, 2014 at 15:50

So the ST-LINK is not getting detected? What version of Windows is this on? What version of the driver have you installed? Windows 8.x would required a signed driver, or system adjustments to accept an unsigned one.

Does the ST-LINK show up in Device Manager, what about in different USB ports, or different computers?

If the ST-LINK is detected, then you should be able to plug into the STM3210B-EVAL via it's JTAG connector. Check the manual for the board if any special jumpering is required, I'd suspect not, but check. Use the ST-LINK Utilities to connect to the board, and confirm it can see the chip, and that it has current firmware on the ST-LINK.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
shauns87
Associate II
Posted on September 12, 2014 at 18:45

I am using Windows 7

I have installed drivers for STSW-STM3210

STLINK does not gets detected in the device manager

The evaluation board does not has the firmware on the SD Card. Besides, I have installed the ST link utilities. However, it does not see the device at all.

Besides, STLink does blink red in color when I plug it in. I am unable to understand what is the problem with the board.

Posted on September 12, 2014 at 19:01

I have installed drivers for STSW-STM3210

What's that? The number is incomplete, can you provide a complete name and cite?

This is what I'd think is appropriate

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF260218

I am unable to understand what is the problem with the board.

You keep referring to the board, but the problem you have right now is getting the ST-LINK to work with your computer. Your inability to solve the first problem causes the secondary problem.

If you continue to have problems with the ST-LINK perhaps you should inquire with the people you bought it from?
shauns87
Associate II
Posted on September 13, 2014 at 05:57

Hello Clive. 

I agree with what you had said. Yesterday, I spend all my time trying to deal with the STLINK V2 Driver. I think you have suggested the latest version of the stlink v2 driver, which I will try now. 

Let me check with it and I will get back to you. 

Thanks for the help.

shauns87
Associate II
Posted on September 13, 2014 at 05:59

Yesterday, I had installed the driver at this link.  http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF258167

shauns87
Associate II
Posted on September 13, 2014 at 15:26

Hello Clive,

I just tried the driver you had suggested. However, still I am getting the same results. I have also checked the cable finally. But, I am getting the red blinking light. So, there is no problem with the cable.

What do you think could else be the problem.

Regards,

Shashank

Posted on September 13, 2014 at 18:05

If you see nothing in Device Manager (ST-Link or an !?) then you'll need to consider trying a different port, or computer. Does the cable work with other devices?