Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32F746GDISCOVERY LCD chip

baev_al
Associate II
Posted on December 22, 2015 at 10:08

Hello.

I need to choose a LCD for our project, which will be tested on the 32f746discovery. What is the chip of the discovery LCD, thus I would not need to do any changes in software developing our own PCB.

Thanks.

#rk043fn48h-rk043fn55h-lcd
7 REPLIES 7
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on December 22, 2015 at 14:14

Hi baev.alexander,

I'd highly recommend you to have a look to the

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00190424.pdf

user manual that provides an overview about the STM32F746G-DISCO discovery board.

-Syrine-

baev_al
Associate II
Posted on January 04, 2016 at 22:27

Thank you for the answer.

I found out that the display is RK043FN48H-CT672B (Rocktech). I wrote to the Rocktech twice - didn't get any response. I'm developing GUI using 32f746discovery kit. After that we will develop our PCB. Which other than Rocktech display can I use without changing the SW?

Posted on January 05, 2016 at 00:46

Which other than Rocktech display can I use without changing the SW?

Ok I don't think that approach is going to work, you need to be able to have some flexibility, because at some point you're going to be forced to embrace change. So try to make a clean abstraction of display specifics so you can adapt.

Why do I say this? Well you can often find cheap displays from no-name vendors, but the problem here is that once they run out of supplies, or interest, they will move to something else. If you want long term availability, where you can still buy the displays after you've invested a lot of time in design work, you need to find a vendor who has a history of doing that. You should be able to provide the vendor with the specs you're looking for and have them suggest something that matches, or closely matches your requirements. As the F746 provides the frame buffer, and timing, you do have some flexibility to keep the same resolution/format, and use different displays.

I guess you have to decide if it is easier to change the SW or the PCB.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
baev_al
Associate II
Posted on January 05, 2016 at 08:19

Concerning providing the vendor with the specs - are the LCD chip and its resolution the specs' major items? My idea was to choose some china factory and order the LCDs which will be able to replace the discovery board lcd without any change of physical connection and SW changing. Of course, I also have to think about the touchscreen, but it seems simpler to change the SW for the different touch...

So the question is how should I choose a new LCD?

Thanks!

romain239955
Associate II
Posted on September 21, 2016 at 23:35

Hello,

Yes ROCKTECH is reactive and give a lot of information for example they said :

RK043FN48H-CT672B is totally customized product for STM based on their board structure and demo application.

If it's for your new structure design, we would  recommend our standard P/N: RK043FN55H-CT, as LCD FPC and CTP FPC is designed as inserter type rather than soldering type. Best regards