cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTC Interrupts on STM32F4 vs STM32F1

logan
Associate II
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 07:23

I am porting over an open source project that is currently based on the STM32F1 to the STM32F4 (using the discovery board currently).

The project is using both the RTC_IRQn and RTCAlarm_IRQn on the STM32F1. The STM32F4 does not have RTC_IRQn. It is described as ''RTC global interrupt'' in the F1 documentation, what does that mean? Is it the same as RTC_WKUP_IRQn on the F4? Thanks for the help!

#rtc
2 REPLIES 2
jpeacock
Associate II
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 14:15

The RTC in the F4 is substantially different.  Look at using the wakeup timer (WUT) to generate a periodic interrupt.  If your code is targeted for an F1 you will need to make several changes...it's a completely different RTC, not much in common.

Jack Peacock
logan
Associate II
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 14:40

Thanks for your help Jack. I think using the wake-up interrupt (

RTC_WKUP_IRQn) is what I want. It looks like they were using the ''RTC Global Interrupt'' on the STM32F1 to generate a 1ms periodic interrupt.

Don't worry that I have underestimated the task of porting the code to the STM32F4. Their libraries are definitely different and that's what most of my changes are centered around. I have the STM32F1 and STM32F4 reference and user manuals open and I have been referencing features back and forth. This RTC interrupt was one thing I really was having a hard time coming to a conclusion on. It seems that my intuition pointing towards the wakeup interrupt was correct. Thanks again for the help.