Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeF4 LIN driver support

ronnelrtolentino
Associate
Posted on September 09, 2014 at 04:06

Hi!

I am creating a project using STM32F4.

The project should support LIN communication through UART4.

I have the base code created using STM32CubeF4.

I am using the provided HAL UART driver but the functions and it's documentation aren't clear.

Does anyone here has a working code for LIN in STM32F4?

♯ Any LIN transceiver module can do, I just need to know how to integrate it (initialize, handle the in/out buffers, etc) with the base code that I have.

#stm32cubef4-lin-uart-hart-driver
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on September 12, 2014 at 15:09

Hi tolentino.ronnel,

You can find below the LIN/UART available APIs within the STM32Cube FW:

• LinLIN Initialization: HAL_LIN_Init()
  • LIN De-Initialization: HAL_UART_DeInit()
  • LIN Data processing: same UART API used for Data transfers (HAL_UART_Transmit(),HAL_UART_Receive(),…)
  • LIN control:  HAL_LIN_SendBreak()

Concerning the LIN transceiver module, there no solution available now. We’ll let our team know about your suggestion.

Regards.

ronnelrtolentino
Associate
Posted on September 15, 2014 at 04:19

Hi Heisenberg,

Thank you.

Can you provide a sample code?

Or at least the code flow for polling, dma and interrupt modes using these APIs?

Regards.

in mozbek we trust
Associate II

Hello ,

I also working with LIN communications. I use TJA1021T/10/C LIN transreceiver. I can send break message and see the consecutive break signals in oscilloscope. I use PEAK PCAN USB Pro FD API to see LIN messages but i cant see the break messages in that API. (By the way i cant send any LIN messages.)

In my MCU datasheet(STM32F091CCT6) says LIN transmit is same as normal UART transmit and that sentence i understand the i can use HAL_UART_TRANSMIT function but after i init the code with example data HAL_UART_Transmit(&huart1, 0x20BBCCDDEEFFDD11, 8, 10); i cant see any signals or message in oscilloscope and PLIN API

Did you use similiar things ? We can share our experiences to each other.