Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Csma ca PLC EVALKITST7580

gnu
Associate II
Posted on September 02, 2014 at 18:01

Hello,

Currently we are working on a custom board based on the power line modem demonstration kit (EVALKITST7580).

I have question specifically regarding the firmware that we have received from ST of this evaluation board. 

We have 16 nodes that send data to the Master and a csma is needed to avoid collisions. So I need to sense the Power line before sending. 

With this check in my main application section: 

if((RxData = DL_DataIndication(SAddress, &Datalen, DInParameters))!= NULL)

{ .. }

I can only sense a non-corrupted data, so only when I received a correct frame it is true.

Now if node 1 send a packet, and in between there are 14 nodes, the node 16 (the last one) will receive a corrupted data. My question is if the firmware have the capability to sense if the power line is completely free from any signal so that I can start counting  from this point a backoff time.

Starting a backoff time only if the condition above is true, it would be wrong because it does't tell you if a corrupted data was present in the line. 

I don't know if my explanation is clear enough and if you got my point. Basically I need to find the point in the firmware where I can start the backoff time. I need to check if the node have received any frame (whether corrupted or not)

Your help would be very appreciated.

Thank you

- J.J

1 REPLY 1
Posted on September 02, 2014 at 18:44

Perhaps something you'd want to engage directly with your local ST representatives and FAE's about?

This is a user forum with approaching zero utilization of the board you are using.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..