cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f10x.h - Is part Standard Peripherals Library?

a239955_stm1_st
Associate
Posted on November 07, 2014 at 21:05

subj

Very need a reasoned response.

#standard-peripheral-librar #stm32f10x.h
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on November 07, 2014 at 21:18

Yes, and why is this an issue?

The include is part of the SPL/CMSIS library directory, and the mechanics of it are that it #include's a Project centric ''stm32f10x_conf.h'' when USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER is defined. There is no reason a user would need to modify stm32f10x.h

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
a239955_stm1_st
Associate
Posted on November 07, 2014 at 21:33

This dispute, is not a problem, I'm sorry.

I just think only here can I find a reasoned response

There are people using in your code stm32f10x.h and argue that they do not use SPL. Accordingly, trying to prove that stm32f10x.h - part of the SPL and they are wrong.

Posted on November 07, 2014 at 21:44

It's on the CMSIS branch

STM32F10x_StdPeriph_Lib_V3.5.0\Libraries\CMSIS\CM3\DeviceSupport\ST\STM32F10x\stm32f10x.h

There is nothing to preclude you from using it in a free standing form, independent of the main library code. It defines the peripherals, and you don't need to define USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER

It seems like a rather pointless argument.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on November 07, 2014 at 22:35

I wouldn't call it part of any ''library''. It's the basic header defining the peripherals registers and memory areas. It is required by ARM to be provided by their licencees as part of CMSIS.

As a matter of fact, it is - quote naturally - included in the ''standard peripheral library'', as well as the ''cube library'', ''snippets:'', and all other STM32 examples provided by ST. It does not make it ''part'' of these packages.

There is at least one practical consequence, namely that the licence for this file is different than of the packages mentioned. IANAL.

JW