cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DH loosing sensitivity/calibration on power up

vemani
Associate
Posted on September 08, 2014 at 17:37

We are using LIS3DHTR in our design. Supply voltage is 3.3v.  

Due to capacitors in our design, it takes some time for the 3.3v supply to drain out completely. So, when we turn off and on the unit, there is a chance that we may turn on the unit  while 3.3v supply rail is still draining out. 

During this, we observed that LIS3DH  lost its sensitivity and reporting close to zero acceleration on all 3 axis. 

Sensor remains in this state until we drain out the supply voltage. 

There is no problem with I2C communication. We receive the data. Control registers are untouched, we verify this by reading all the registers. Sensitivity was set to +/-2G. 

In a good working condition, the first 7 registers (0x00-0x06 reserved space) all reporting all zeros. But, in the other case where the sensor lost the sensitivity , the values are 0xFF, 0x30, 0x0F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. 

Is there any way to come out of this state through I2C register settings, like soft reset, or reloading calibration values ? 

We tried to use BOOT bit to reload the memory contents, but it didn't help. We have to wait until the power supply is drained out completely. 

1 REPLY 1
thomas239955_stm1
Associate
Posted on February 23, 2015 at 16:04

Hello,

I have the same behavior that you described in your post below.

Have you found a solution to this problem ?

Thanks by advance.

Best regards

Thomas