Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot stm32f030

lorenzo meneghello
Associate II
Posted on May 07, 2017 at 22:34

Hi

I'm working on stm32f042 but now I want to use the stm32f030 for memori and cost reason, I see that in the 030 there aren't the boot SEL bit to select by default the flash boot. On my board in boot pin I use a pull-up with a button to ground, l see that ST board works on the opposite mode (pull-down with a Button to VDD), it's possibile to create a little software that can switch from RAM or sistem memory to Flash memory?

Thank you very much. 

Lorenzo

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on May 08, 2017 at 01:04

There's likely a SYSCFG register to do the mapping of ROM, FLASH and RAM into the zero memory space. Check the Reference Manual for specific address and bit settings.

Need to fix the DEAD LINKs in this post, but you have control of the processor, you can jump to any memory location you want.

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009Xka1fSAB

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
lorenzo meneghello
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2017 at 16:14

0690X00000606uQQAQ.png

For STM32F03x there aren't the BOOT_SEL bit and the nBOOT0 bit.

My Question is if I've the BOOT0 pin to 1, how it is the best mode to jump to Main Flash Memory? from System memory or Embedded SRAM? I don't know if it's possible..

Thanks!

Posted on May 09, 2017 at 18:00

Every STM32 part I've used expects BOOT0 to be pulled low to execute user code from FLASH. If your board or option settings don't permit that, you might need to spin your board design to provide that flexibility.

You'd have to check what the System Loader does it these situations, my expectation is it is waiting for external interaction, and that you'd need to send a GO type command to start execution of your code.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..