Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE for stm32 from ST

rafal
Associate
Posted on September 15, 2014 at 12:40

Hi, 

when will be available IDE for STM32 from ST?

When I was on workshop in May (about STM32L0) I heard that will be available the end of August. 

Best regards

Rafal

#!rocketscience
8 REPLIES 8
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on September 15, 2014 at 14:21

Not that I can answer this question, but wondering that ST can squander so much ressources to make just another single-vendor toolchains, rather than improving existing software support.

How about, for instance, adding support for generic gcc (via makefile) and Crossworks to the Standard Peripheral Lib projects ? I'm not even asking for support of free IDEs like Coocox and EmBlocks here ...

As well, (and as observed in recent threads here,) the CubeMX software requires a lot of attention. And I'm still unsure what kind of developers this type of One-Click-Software attracts.

Posted on September 15, 2014 at 14:50

Probably looking for

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF260508

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dyla
Associate
Posted on September 19, 2014 at 07:52

No, I'm talking about IDE- Editor + Compiler from ST.

I heard from ST sales manager that, ST works on its own free IDE for STM32  and this should be ready  the end of August, so I'm asking when will be available for developers?

Best regards

Rafal

ffred
Associate II
Posted on September 19, 2014 at 08:27

Hi,

don't have any info about that. but would be nice to have something complete from ST, coupled with CubeMX. and something based on Eclipse and GCC like several others won't be to much work on ST, so that's possible. or maybe they will keep their old STVD from STM8..

but of course it would have been easier on ST to support EmBlocks for example. they just have to add a direct export from CubeMX. but it seems (from EmBlocks forum) that they (ST) are not really cooperative... maybe because they really planned to make their IDE..?

hope someone could give concrete informations about that...

could have been better placed in ''STM32 Software Tools and Firmware''.

Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on September 19, 2014 at 09:21

''I heard from ST sales manager...''

So ask him, then!

Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on September 19, 2014 at 09:23

''wondering that ST can squander so much ressources to make just another single-vendor toolchains, rather than improving existing software support''

Thoroughly agree!!
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on September 19, 2014 at 09:26

''something based on Eclipse and GCC like several others won't be too much work on ST''

Really?!

If it's so easy, why not do it yourself?

Don't be quick to dismiss stuff as ''easy'' before you've actually tried it yourself - it takes a great deal of effort to make something appear ''effortless''!!

ffred
Associate II
Posted on September 19, 2014 at 11:07

🙂

there are already several blogs about setting this kind of environment from long time ago. haven't looked at it recently, but already used this one, from 2012 !

http://hertaville.com/2012/05/28/gcc-arm-toolchain-stm32f0discovery/

and every other ARM manufacturer is proposing is own IDE, was it NXP, ATMEL, Freescale, Texas, Infineon (this one looks like what ST version could be, with Eclipse, GCC & CubeMX) so why ST would not..

but for me, I'm not asking for ST made their own, I'm just asking for ST to at least add support for one free IDE in their CubeMx tool. why only have export to big paid IDE when you give some of the most affordable ''discovery'' board..?