cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STR9 - ISP via ethernet

auslaender
Associate
Posted on September 18, 2014 at 09:47

I'm looking for a complete ISP solution via ethernet, with a boot-loader in Flash bank 1 and a PC-software for configuration of the ethernet communication, flash bank switching and download. of the application-SW( hex-file) in the flash bank 0.

This is for a microcontroller STR 912FAW42x6.

#i
1 REPLY 1
markatis
Associate II
Posted on December 11, 2016 at 21:04

If you are still interested for the ISP loader over ETHERNET, I have one which I use since 2010.

The first time I am using a brand new card with STR912FAW47, flash bank 1 is swapped at address 0x0, flash bank 0 at address 0x00200000 and my downloader in written in bank 1 at address 0x0, using a JTAG.

After that, each time the card is powered up or reset, the downloader runs and checks a port bit to decide if it jumps to a previously loaded application, if any, or waiting to load a new application.

The downloader is actually a TFTP server, waiting for a certain filename, (for some protection).

After that, if I want to run an application, the loader is set in waiting mode by grounding the port pin during reset time.

Then, I use the TFTPD32 freeware to download the application through an ETHERNET connection.

The application is supposed to be in binary format, but it could be changed to any other format.

The size of the downloader is about 110kBytes. Its size could be reduced if you have the time to do so, but could not be reduced to less than 32kBytes.

If you, or any one else, are interested, please send me a mail to forward the project. (It is a big project to be sent it through this forum).

Stelios