Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 F2 series VCP issue

lstfazz
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2015 at 04:49

Dear all sir:

I'm working on STM32_USB-HOST-Device-LibV2.1.0 USB_Device_Examples VCP. This demo code try to send  & receive serial data from PC through USB cable and transfer to serial port.

Now the I down load the VCP driver for PC and I can see the STMicroelectronics virtual CON Port (COM11) in device management under Win7. 

However, when I try to use terminal open this port, it's show unable to open connection to COM11, unable to open serial port.

Should I modify the demo code? But I'm confused where should I work on. Please allow me ask help for this issue, many thanks.

Sincerely

2 REPLIES 2
lstfazz
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2015 at 07:44

Dear all:

Please allow me get more detail for my issue.

I try to use this demo code verify USB to RS232 emulation function. I would connect USB cable from PC to my board. And connect the RS232 port from board to the same PC.

I use VCP driver V.1.4 download from ST official web site. The issue now is when I try to use putty (terminal software) open the STMicroelectronics virtual CON Port , it takes 2~3 minutes than show ''can't open com port'' error. What I do for the sample code is to redirect the RS232 initial function which use UART3 in demo code to UART4.

What's more, I found the demo code enable the interrupt for UART3 but no define the Handler...is that the problem?

Sincerely

lstfazz
Associate II
Posted on February 10, 2015 at 07:37

Dear all:

The problem is solved. The issue due to I block the UART port first before USB initial. After I arrange the initial flow the problem is solved. ^^

Sincerely