Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include quadrature encoder I channel and secondary hall

mikemike9141
Associate III
Posted on October 24, 2014 at 15:01

Hi Gigi,

I currently browsing the library source code to see how I can integrate this start-up behavior:

1) start FOC algorithm using rough angle given by hall sensors

2) wait for I channel of quadrature encoder to trigger an interrupt

3) set (overwrite) mechanical angle to known value

4) use encoder feedback instead of hall from now on

Would that be a possible feature for a future version of the library? My application is a servo system that must be able to deliver torque even at standstill and immediately after boot-up.

Regards

Frank

4 REPLIES 4
Gigi
Senior
Posted on October 27, 2014 at 09:53

Ciao Frank

I think that this is very usefull and I know that other guy had managed the FW to perform the same strategy.

As you probably seen, this can be implemented with the MC API and few modifications of the user project, so I think that it will be feasible to add this as FW examples together with the other examples in the package.

Thank you for the feedback

Ciao

Gigi

mikemike9141
Associate III
Posted on October 27, 2014 at 10:07

thanks, good to know. There is one thing that I find hard to figure out: the library supports a main and an auxiliary position feedback device. How can I control which one of them is used? I would need to exchange main and aux somehow, I cannot find how this could be accomplished using standard library calls. (Of course I could adapt the library itself, but only if there is no other way.)

Kind Regards

Frank

Gigi
Senior
Posted on October 27, 2014 at 10:23

Ciao Frank

Take a look at the FW examples present in the Project\STM32_SDK_Examples of SDK v4.0, and in particular to the PI Regulation and Sensor Type.

Take care that the WB v4.0 has an issue in the generation of .h file when Auxiliry sensor is enabled. Basicaly the wrong auxiliry sensor is generated in the .h file so you need to modify it manually (or change it in the template files).

Ciao

Gigi

mikemike9141
Associate III
Posted on October 27, 2014 at 11:13

thanks Gigi, that led me to the right track!

Kind Regards

Frank