cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F411 GPIO not working

mparmpas122321
Associate
Posted on March 07, 2016 at 21:53

Hello. I am trying to get PA7 gpio port to work but it is not working not as input neither as output (i havent checked alternate functions). When i read or write from it the result is 0. There is a possibility that i may have shorted it to GND or connected to a 9V battery, while it was in high state as output. It is dead ins't it? I checked many other pins and they seem to function properly.

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on March 07, 2016 at 22:53

As the only person with your part, and knowing what else it is connected too, you are probably best positioned to understand if it is destroyed or not.

I'm not sure what you're looking for here. If you have destroyed the IO pad, not much can be done to remedy that.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mparmpas122321
Associate
Posted on March 07, 2016 at 23:23

I am pretty sure it is dead. What i want to know is that it wont affect the rest of the GPIO Pins, right?

Posted on March 08, 2016 at 00:38

Well it is hard to know how localized the damage will be, or what the latent effects might be. You'd have to understand the structures involved, and the conduction path.

I'd assume this is just a scratch device you are testing/evaluating, so you could continue testing with other pins.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
re.wolff9
Senior
Posted on March 08, 2016 at 12:43

I'm in no way ''official''.... but: If you've exceeded the ''absolute maximum rating'' for any one pin on the device, the device is officially ''beyond repair''. There is NO guarantee that the damage is restricted to the IO pad involved.

For a ''home project'', it's fine to use it to continue to develop software using the pins that ''seem to work''. Maybe you can even use it that way. But commercially I'd say you need to get a working chip....