cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set target processor details in eclipse CDT for STM32F407VG

ralph23
Associate II
Posted on December 20, 2014 at 01:42

I successfully migrated a CubeMX configuration to Eclipse IDE but got stock at the very basics of telling gcc the correct target processor settings.

In what document can I read about the assembler dialect supported (mthumb marm etc.) and what fpu support is to be selected in arm-gcc for a specific STM MCU.

Thank you

#stm32f407 #arm-gcc #know-your-tools
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on December 20, 2014 at 03:05

In what document can I read about the assembler dialect supported (mthumb marm etc.) and what fpu support is to be selected in arm-gcc for a specific STM MCU.

A GNU/GCC manual perhaps?

-mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ralph23
Associate II
Posted on December 21, 2014 at 11:15

sorry, that is the point I stock at, the linker tells me then that thumb code is not supported by this cpu

?!?!??

Posted on December 21, 2014 at 17:16

sorry, that is the point I stock at, the linker tells me then that thumb code is not supported by this cpu

This is perhaps something you'd want to discuss with the vendor of your tools. I don't think you're provided enough information here for me to guess at what's wrong with your configuration.

GNU/GCC 4.7.2 arm-none-eabi as provided by Yagarto works fine with these command line options, via a makefile

There is nothing specific to STM32 parts, most of the peripheral and memory differences are dealt with as library code, or linker scripts. The cortex-mx parts should be intrinsically supported by the right compiler, and those options should be apparent via the compiler's help output, or man page(s)
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..