cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32CubeMx and Java 9

Andrzej Sier??ga
Associate
Posted on March 06, 2018 at 10:33

Why Stm32CubeMx doesn't work with Java 9 (9.0.4)?

I can't use Java 8 for some reason. Many other useful applications like eclipse are compatible with the newest Java version.

11 REPLIES 11
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on March 12, 2018 at 10:45

Hello

Sierzega.Andrzej

Which CubeMx version are you using ?Could you please precise in details your OS environment (Linux, Windows..) ?

May be you can try uninstallingany installed version of Java before to install the new one, as the new installation of java doesn't automatically replace the old installations.

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on March 12, 2018 at 11:25

Hello Imen,

I installed the lastest version of CubeMx. I use Windows 10.

Using Java version 8 I have no problem with CubeMx. When I fully uninstall Java 8 and install only Java 9 I'm getting such error:

0690X0000060A1YQAU.png

This problem can be solved only by programmers of CubeMX by compiling it for using Java 9. This problem is known for every software developers that must support new java version.

My version of Java is:

0690X00000609z9QAA.png

Regards

Andrew

Posted on April 28, 2018 at 19:45

I have same issue,

system Win10 64-bit,

`jdk-10.0.1_windows-x64_bin` installed on fresh system (so no other Javas installed),

`SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.25.0`

and same error message :\

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee
Posted on May 07, 2018 at 17:33

Hi

Sierzega.Andrzej

STM32CubeMX doesn't support Java9 for the moment.You can use java8.

Regards,

Houda

George Small
Associate II
Posted on May 13, 2018 at 16:52

I also am having this issue, can not run Eclipse Oxygen.3 and 

STM32CubeMX

on the same Java version.  Hard Java version requires multiple Java installs, not advised.  Please address.

Legacy member
Not applicable

I would like to refresh this thread. Please, build the software with the newest JDK possible, currently version 10. It is very confusing, the software doesn't run and complains about missing JRE 7. It works also with JRE 8, but not with 9 nor 10.

Thank you,

David

I use java8. It does not work!0690X000006CXY4QAO.jpg

john doe
Lead

here's a better suggestion - bundle the appropriate JRE with the application, like many other developers do.

ASaba
Associate II

I'm just trying to run the installation. What kind of application is it that he needs to dance with a tambourine to install it? I dont know where to search for java7. Installation redirects me to java8 page.