Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to put together gcc-arm-none-eabi and STM32Cube

renanvalente
Associate II
Posted on October 09, 2014 at 23:40

Hello,

I'm very new to STM32, I recently switched from Microchip platform and I'm working on a Mac (which seems to make everything harder).

I followed this very nice tutorial 

http://www.davidrojas.co.uk/stm32f3discovery-on-mac-os-x-using-eclipse-gcc-arm-and-openocd/

which got me up and running with the blink example with the STM32FDiscovery.

Them I download the STM32CubeF3 and I'm trying to build the ''GPIO_IOToggle''example.

There is no Eclipse example and neither I know how to import (or if its possible), them I started a blank project with my toolchain, which just gave me a blank main file.

Them I add/replaced the .c and .h in the folders, when built I got a bunch of errors, because wrong paths I believe...

After adding paths, this is my actual config:

I've add 

#include

<stdint.h>

#include

<stdio.h>To main.c

Now I'm getting this weird error: 

/Users/valente/WorkSpace/STM32Resources/STM32Cube_FW_F3_V1.0.0/Drivers/STM32F3xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32f3xx_hal_tim.h:1325:24: error: unknown type name 'TIM_TypeDef'

void TIM_OC3_SetConfig(TIM_TypeDef *TIMx, TIM_OC_InitTypeDef *OC_Config);But the files are all included...

Any help is appreciated.

Greetings.

Renan

2 REPLIES 2
th695
Associate
Posted on October 11, 2014 at 01:13

Have you uncommented the #define HAL_TIM_MODULE_ENABLED section in 

stm32f3xx_hal_conf.h?

renanvalente
Associate II
Posted on October 16, 2014 at 14:41

No, I have not tried to comment this line. Actually I got really mad and deleted that project and I'm trying once again. I'll problably start another tread, now I believe I can better describe the problems

Thanks by your help! =D