Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 Discovery OverCurrent LED

stone
Associate II
Posted on November 07, 2014 at 23:26

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure what I did, but my F429 Discovery board is drawing way to much current. The overcurrent light (LD6) turns on when I supply the board with power and U8, which I believe is a power distribution switch, gets very hot. The board still functions, and I can still draw on the LCD with the simple paint program I was testing. Does anyone know if my board is toast or if I can replace some component/s to save it? 

A bit of background if it helps:

Tried powering the board through a 5V regulator connected to an external power supply to the 5V pin. At this point, I noticed the current being drawn from my power supply seemed to be a lot (600mA). While trying to diagnose my circuit, I accidentally touched a wire from either the 5 or 3V pin to ground, and after that my board has been acting the way I just described. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stone

2 REPLIES 2
stone
Associate II
Posted on November 14, 2014 at 03:38

For anyone that wants to know, I ordered another power switch (U8 of the schematic), and replaced the one which was getting hot. Fixed my problem

Posted on December 07, 2017 at 08:53

how did you replace it with the u8 on the board , I have a similar problem in my NUCLEO F767ZI board . Is it possible to replace the U4 on it.