cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
27 REPLIES 27
qinghai
Associate II
Posted on September 17, 2013 at 11:18

good news for us! farnell shows it costs only 25.28 euros, but have to wait nearly two months!

Posted on September 24, 2013 at 04:43

Units shipped this evening, still waiting on firmware release.

STM32F401C-DISCO's arrived last week.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on September 27, 2013 at 00:29

Someone is going to want to reconsider how the screens are attached and shipped. Both mine seemed be in various states of detachment, and neither appear to work quite right. One had separated from the metal housing, reassembling and pressing on it got the screen to come up, but the touch didn't appear functional. Will dig into some more, but definitely not robust.

Need to make SB9 for the SWV debug output to work.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on October 01, 2013 at 04:13

The firmware package has been officially released now, 74 MB download

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF259429

Observations with the board, 8 MB of SDRAM readily accessible at 0xD0000000. Does not appear to support mapping to zero (bank at 0xC0000000 would have been). Does not appear to permit code execution. Pin out would appear to support a 16 MB part. SDIO operation appears to clash with LCD.
warcatz
Associate II
Posted on October 01, 2013 at 15:21

Great News Clive 😉

I just get 2 from Farnell and can't wait they arrive !

Do you think we can disconnect the original LCD for use other one without made a brick

with the board ?

It will be interesting for me to use my 480 x 320 ILI9481 LCD with this board 😉

Cheers.

Posted on October 01, 2013 at 15:57

Desoldering, or cutting the ribbon cable would appear viable. Might lose the screen in the process of separating it all (two strips of double sided tape, 7mm on each of the long edges). Or flopping around like mine.

The Farnell UK price seemed a bit on the low side, £16.71 about ~$30 by my estimate vs the ~$40 prices being quoted hereabouts. If you can pre-order at the lower price go for it.

warcatz
Associate II
Posted on October 01, 2013 at 17:26

Ok 🙂

De-soldering the LCD i will of one of the board 😉

I get 3 in pre order to Farnell for 75,84Euro (VAT + Transport included for France).

Fair price , thanks to ST for that ... he he ..

I found the Firmware source from the link you give us a good start.

The Graphics function are very complete , now we just have to study the data sheet etc.. to

know everything from the sdram + dma2d driver 🙂

Cheers.

joerg23
Associate II
Posted on October 02, 2013 at 10:47

Hello Clive,

what for should be the ACP/RF Connector on board?

regards

Joerg

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on October 02, 2013 at 15:15

8 MB of SDRAM readily accessible at 0xD0000000. ... Does not appear to permit code execution.

Any specific reason for that ?

According to RM0090 (Doc ID 018909 Rev 5), sect. 2.1.1, the I-bus should be capable of fetching instructions from ext. RAM/FSMC. IMHO a disappointing feat if not supported.