cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum not reflecting last poster correctly

Posted on August 23, 2012 at 19:27

Not sure if the forum software got updated recently, but it seems to have broken the last poster field in the main display.

It still does an alpha sort of top posters, who knew 99 was bigger the 3000.

Edit: Post counts don't appear to be incrementing, a new poster has at least two posts, registering as Zero posts in a thread he's responding in.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on August 23, 2012 at 22:20

''worst forum software ever''

You'll have ST slapping your wrists for that!!

I couldn't possibly comment...
flyer31
Senior
Posted on August 24, 2012 at 06:51

Keil forum is worse - it does not even allow to search for posts of a special author ... .

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on August 24, 2012 at 12:49

And not forgetting this frequent server errors when trying to post more than a few words - if the site is accessible at all.

Posted on September 02, 2012 at 03:09

Editing a post will cause the poster to be reflected, but usually it causes the forum software to re-order posts in a way that differs from the original chronological order.

Seriously guys do you have any idea how this forum software, and the lack of any staff participation here reflect on you?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on September 02, 2012 at 17:24

''Seriously guys do you have any idea how this forum software ... reflect on you?''

Apparently not.

But they are very sensitive about any criticism of it - and liable to invoke ''unacceptable behaviour'' rules on any dissenters...