cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum is forked

Posted on February 15, 2012 at 01:02

There now appears to be a duplicate fork of the forum, content that was in ''STM32F4-Discovery'' is now replicated here.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
6 REPLIES 6
PeppeST
ST Employee
Posted on February 15, 2012 at 01:50

Hello,

we are merging:
  • STM8S-Discovery, STM8L-Discovery discussion boards in to STM8 Discovery discussion board

• STM32VL-Discovery,STM32L-Discovery and

STM32F4-Discovery

discussion boards

to STM32 Discovery

discussion board

Old discussion boards visbility will be removed soon.

Thanks

donald2
Associate II
Posted on February 15, 2012 at 19:04

We can assume that means links to previous topics will break, yet again.

Will this help reliability?  The majority of my longer posts end up with a server error response.  If I forget to save the text, I lose the content.  It's a major disincentive to post.

Posted on February 15, 2012 at 19:33

I'm with you here Donald, it will be rather unfortunate if all the linkage breaks, especially given how awkward the Microsoft URLs are, and the reorganization seems more aimed at flattening the forum. Then again there is no active moderation or movement of posts to appropriate sub-forums. I thought having part specific sub-forums made sense given the nuances each one has, and most posters don't think to provide enough detail to figure out what part they are using.

And it is rather annoying to lose a post that takes longer than the login timeout to formulate.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
donald2
Associate II
Posted on February 15, 2012 at 20:23

There seems to be more effort put into the superficial -- shuffling forums -- than fixing the bugs and design that discourages in-depth contributions.  It just encourages short, content-light posts rather than longer responses the refer to previous topics.

miklos
Associate II
Posted on February 16, 2012 at 15:13

It would be much more helpful if you would make some effort to find some ST guy who would answer some question here, instead of mixing the forums together.

Not very helpful.

gbulmer
Associate II
Posted on February 20, 2012 at 15:50

Please stop mucking around with the forum structure. It is a disincentive to contribute.

It is even worse when links break. It makes no sense to me to lump together STM8 and STM32. STM8 is just extra noise for me to wade through.

What benefit are we the users of the forum going to get by ST making these changes?

If there are no really strong benefits to *US* please don't do it. Please try to think about the customer.