cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE IDB04A1 and Nucleo STM32F302R8

marcello
Associate
Posted on October 23, 2014 at 14:24

Hi all, I'm new in this forum and apologize if my question already exists (but I haven't found)... In these days, I spent a lot of my  time trying to use Bluetooth IDB04A1 with a Nucleo STM32F302 board without results... I know that the protocol used for communication  is SPI  and not UART (instead the previous board worked using uart) and, for this reason,  I seem that BLE doesn't work with my board and I have to buy STM32F401. Is it correct what I think? Tanks a lot

Marcello
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on November 20, 2014 at 11:20

Hi Marcello,

As yuo can see in the Application Note AN 4493 the Hardware requirements are : STM32 Nucleo Development platforms (suggested order code: NUCLEOF401RE).

In principle, the software package could be customized, ported in order to support the nucleo STM32F3 seire platform.

Please notice that this forum is not intended to be used for X_NUCLEO IDB04A1 shield support requests. ST is working on setting up a dedicated forum for this shield and it should be opened by end of this year.

Best regards

Graziella Marchese

Hi all, I'm new in this forum and apologize if my question already exists (but I haven't found)... In these days, I spent a lot of my  time trying to use Bluetooth IDB04A1 with a Nucleo STM32F302 board without results... I know that the protocol used for communication  is SPI  and not UART (instead the previous board worked using uart) and, for this reason,  I seem that BLE doesn't work with my board and I have to buy STM32F401. Is it correct what I think? Tanks a lot

Marcello
charles23
Associate III
Posted on December 05, 2014 at 10:06

Can anyone tell me where to find the software referred to in AN4493 and AN4559? I have looked in the STM32CubeF0, F4 and L0 packages - but the examples are not there. It is also missing from the page headed  ''X-CUBE-IDB04_L0 STM32Cube expansion software for X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1'' at http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF261371

- Charles

Posted on December 15, 2014 at 17:11

Hi Charles,

if you referes to the paragraph 4.2 BlueNRG GUI setup, you can find the suggested sw package at the following link:

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF259737

Regards,

Graziella Marchese