cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible counterfeit part

tecnica
Associate
Posted on July 01, 2015 at 19:21

Hi, based on the picture attached, it´s possible to anyone to tell me if this is a counterfeit part? ''SITA'' or ''SITB''.

Cause:

We have in stock a lot of this parts, and in some boards we don´t have any problems, and on other boards some parts burn.

Is to control a 1000W resistive load.

There is a specific mail, to enter in contact with ST to report this issue?

Thank´s in advance.

Best regards.
2 REPLIES 2
Enrico Poli
ST Employee
Posted on July 22, 2015 at 16:25

Hi,

I suggest you to open an online support request indicating the tracking code of the two devices.

You should also ask support to your supplier. She should be able to track the source of the ICs.

Regadrs

Enrico

STEPHEN MARTELL
Associate
Posted on August 14, 2017 at 23:55

Sorry for my late response, I just come across your post. Here is my opinion if it could help someone

Both appear to have a printed markings which is very suspicious because the genuine ST parts are laser engraved very distinctively. However picture B looks very similar to the genuine part because:

1- The back of the device looks similar.

2- On the front face, PHIL appear in the molding which is similar to the genuine device.

There are some similarities as well as some marked differences in the writing. Hence both are suspicious and different from the genuine devices that I have (Supplied directly by STm). Picture A being the most suspicious.

Regards

Stephen