cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO_CCA02M1

Posted on March 19, 2017 at 12:38

Hello all,

I have bought a NUCLEO-L476RG board and a X-NUCELO_CCA02M1 board a couple of months ago and I have flashed the stm32f476RG micro of the board with the sample application that it is include in the folder

...\Projects\Multi\Applications\Microphones_Streaming\Binary\STM32L476RG-Nucleo\MicrophonesStreaming_2Channels_16KHz.bin

and it works the application with Audacity. It is possible to record with the board and much more. To make it works, I had also to change the bridges of the CCA02M1 board according to the UM1900 User manual section 3.4.2.1  Jumper settings for DFSDM-based systems for 1 or 2 microphone acquisition.

0690X00000606bCQAQ.png

But the fact is, when I open the project with SystemWorkbench that is here ..\Projects\Multi\Applications\Microphones_Streaming\SW4STM32\STM32L476RG-Nucleo\STM32L476RG-MEMSMIC1

and I compile and debug or run the program on the board it does not works the application with Audacity.

In the documentation says very clear this:

@par Hardware and Software environment

- This example runs on STM32F401RE, STM32F072RB, STM32L053R8, STM32L476RG and STM32746ZG devices.

- This example has been tested with STMicroelectronics STM32F401-Nucleo,

STM32L476-Nucleo, STM32L053-Nucleo, STM32F746-Nucleo-144 and STM32F072-Nucleo

boards and can be easily tailored to any other supported device

and development board.

Maybe somebody change something in the some file and it didn't test it.

To buy something and then it doesn't go it is not fair play.

Here I put the links of the boards

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-nucleo/nucleo-l476rg.html

http://www.st.com/en/ecosystems/x-nucleo-cca02m1.html

I hope to hear from you soon.

Bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on April 21, 2017 at 12:07

Hello Daniel,

When using the .bin version, it will stream at 16KHz and the microphone will be recognized by Wiindows as a 16Khz, 2ch mic.

When using the firmware package, the default sampling frequency is set to 8Kz. So you will need to update the advanced options for the STM32 microphone to change the sampling frequency (as shown in my previous post to set 8000 Hz this time).

You can also set to 16000 the AUDIO_SAMPLING_FREQUNCY macro in the “audio_application.hâ€� file.

Another recommendation when using 

NUCLEO-L476RG board is to review jumpers setting of X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1: they have to be aligned with the settings described in the section 'Jumper settings for DFSDM-based systems' of

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/f5/06/94/40/a6/01/49/ae/DM00187405.pdf/files/DM00187405.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00187405.pdf

(I think this should be OK for you as you already tested successfully the .bin version with this board).

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on March 27, 2017 at 18:31

Hello Daniel,

Could you please explain: '

it does not works the application with Audacity'?

Does it mean that you are no more able to record or hear any voice?

Did you made any update on the example?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on April 10, 2017 at 18:43

Hello Amel,

Thank you for your answer. I really appreciate it. I would like to make you a question? Do you have a X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1 Board with a STM32L053R8, STM32L476RG, STM32F072RB, STM32F401RE or STM32F746ZG Nucleo board? If you have such a combination you could make the same test a did and simply check that the code doesn't work with audacity. The test consist of opening the proyect, programm the micro and check with audacity if it records. If you did it please tell me your results.

Ok, regarding your questions here are my answers:

This is what I mean with it doesn't work the application with Audacity. Of course, I am not able to record. (if it doesn't work, it is normal)

0690X00000606imQAA.png

And regarding your second question, I did no update. Because, the version I am working with, it is the last. I have check it now, and there was no update since I bought the board.

0690X00000606f0QAA.png

So please, for the next time you answer in a forum take a minute before you answer, and think twice what you are going to say and take the trouble to try to respond instead to make the typical easy questions.

And finally, it is very frustrating to buy a product, it is supposed to function, and sadly it is not truth. In the documentation says clear it is tested, but it is false. And additionaly the support is null.

Regards,

Daniel

Posted on April 11, 2017 at 19:20

Hi Amel,

Thanks for the support. Now you did the Test and you checked it what I said. Regarding your sugestion about the microphone configuration I had it already. As I said in my first post, with the programming file, I mean the *.bin, the application functions !! but with the source proyect files, NOP. That means that there is no problem in the PC configuration. The problem is clear. Somebody forgot to make his job. I suppose the person who programmed the application could resolve the error in a short time. I suppose I am not the only one who has bought these boards.

Regards

Daniel

Posted on April 11, 2017 at 17:37

Hello Daniel,

I made tests as you suggested using the NUCLEO-L476RG board: I wasn't able to make sound recording.

This issue is reported internally for farther checks. 

Now, if you have an error message like this one:

0690X00000606U2QAI.png

You have to update the microphone properties to select the 2 channels, 16 KHz option:

0690X00000606jVQAQ.png

I will keep you updated about the status of the checks.

-Amel

Posted on April 21, 2017 at 12:07

Hello Daniel,

When using the .bin version, it will stream at 16KHz and the microphone will be recognized by Wiindows as a 16Khz, 2ch mic.

When using the firmware package, the default sampling frequency is set to 8Kz. So you will need to update the advanced options for the STM32 microphone to change the sampling frequency (as shown in my previous post to set 8000 Hz this time).

You can also set to 16000 the AUDIO_SAMPLING_FREQUNCY macro in the “audio_application.hâ€� file.

Another recommendation when using 

NUCLEO-L476RG board is to review jumpers setting of X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1: they have to be aligned with the settings described in the section 'Jumper settings for DFSDM-based systems' of

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/f5/06/94/40/a6/01/49/ae/DM00187405.pdf/files/DM00187405.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00187405.pdf

(I think this should be OK for you as you already tested successfully the .bin version with this board).

-Amel

Posted on April 25, 2017 at 23:08

Yes, it goes now. ST World is full of surprises !!

0690X00000606sSQAQ.png0690X00000606sXQAQ.png