cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L476G-Discovery demonstration application

Posted on April 26, 2017 at 07:14

Hello,

I am working with the STM32L476G-Discovery board. I am testing the examples applications and I have found an error in the demonstration application regarding to the soundmeter feature.

* With the *.bin file provided in the Binary folder the application works normally. I mean, that you can see in the Display how it changes the sound intensity in dB when it is louder or not.

* but, with the IAR source code project, when you program the demonstration application in the STM32L476G-Discovery board, the soundmeter feature doesn't function anymore, it shows a constant value of 120dB in the Display of the board.

I think again, somebody change something in the code and he forgot to test it. Typical, very typical.

Please, check this error as soon as possible and provide a change in the software to solve this problem.

Regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on May 09, 2017 at 18:04

Hi

Martinez.Daniel

I already tested successfully the Demo with the same board andI'm not able to reproduce your issue !

The program worked great and I can

see the sound

in dB changed in the Displa

y, I'm using:

• STM32L476G-DISCO board (MB1184C)

• IAR version 7.70

• STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.7.0

I'm interested to knownif there is a difference with your use case compared to the one I'm testing.

So, could you please precise which IAR and firmware package are you using ?

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Lead
Posted on April 26, 2017 at 07:40

I think again, somebody change something in the code ...

Not necessarily.

Beside of different startup code and memory layout, varying project settings, like optimization level, can cause such issues - if the code itself is not safe for optimization.

... and he forgot to test it. Typical, very typical.

Fully agree with that.

Posted on April 26, 2017 at 08:21

Beside of different startup code and memory layout, varying project settings, like optimization level, can cause such issues

+1

Doubly so, as the core of the audio demo code is provided as an IAR-only binary blob ([STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.5.0]\Projects\STM32L476G-Discovery\Demonstrations\Modules\soundmeter\lib_smr_CM4F_IAR.a).

Release Notes wrote:

Restriction:  SoundMeter and GuitarTuner applications not available pending audio libraries availability for Keil.

readme.txt wrote:

- Binary file generated with IAR Workbench V7.40 in High optimization mode  

Maybe works as eye catcher, but very useful as an example, if you ask me.

JW

Posted on April 26, 2017 at 11:11

For me, the perceived quality of the Cube examples 'rubs off' at the Cube package in general. (Or vice versa).

Sometimes, less is more ...

Posted on May 08, 2017 at 19:37

Not much interest from the people of ST on this subject  :(

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on May 09, 2017 at 18:04

Hi

Martinez.Daniel

I already tested successfully the Demo with the same board andI'm not able to reproduce your issue !

The program worked great and I can

see the sound

in dB changed in the Displa

y, I'm using:

• STM32L476G-DISCO board (MB1184C)

• IAR version 7.70

• STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.7.0

I'm interested to knownif there is a difference with your use case compared to the one I'm testing.

So, could you please precise which IAR and firmware package are you using ?

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen