Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable FEC on Spirit1

hacer
Associate II
Posted on March 10, 2015 at 08:39

Hello,

I have Spirit1 IKR02v3.0 development kit. It contains an STM32L151 MCU and Spirit1 RF module. But I use Spirit1 with STM32L162RD MCU for a project. I created my own project on Keil. I ported all the spirit1 firware (stm32 library, hal drivers, spirit1 library, spirit SDKs, etc) to the project. After that I started to include the Spirit1 examples. First, I imported ''BasicPktTest'' from spirit1's library examples to the current project. It worked fine. I used BasicPktTest_A as transmitter and BasicPktTest_B as receiver. 'B' receives the packets correctly while I am sending them from 'A'. Then I enabled FEC (forward error correction) to view this feature. This time the transmitter sends the packets but receiver does not receive them. I tried to figure out the problem but I have no idea. Is there any other configuration or  setting about performing FEC on Spirit1. Can someone help me who have any ideas or who worked on a similar project.

BR

Hacer 

#fec #spirit1
1 REPLY 1
Posted on April 03, 2015 at 10:34

Hello,

Please, refer to the datasheet section 9.6.1.

Once You configure the TX to perform automatic FEC on data, You have to configure also the Viterbi decoder in RX side. The bit to set it, is the same, so, for both TX/RX You have to configure the FEC feature before transmission.

S