cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with programming LCD (STM32L)

marcogrossi89
Associate II
Posted on October 30, 2014 at 10:48

I am new to stm32 programming and I am using the STM32L1 Discovery Board (this one http://uk.farnell.com/stmicroelectronics/stm32l152c-disco/stm32l-discovery-eval-board/dp/2317987).

I was trying to program the embedded 7 characters LCD but it does not seem to work (the LCD powers on but it does not display the string I set with LCD_GLASS_DisplayString(LCD_string) function.

I am using Cocoox COIDE to program the board.

Can anyone help me to solve this (explain what library to include and suggest some pre-made code)?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on October 30, 2014 at 13:08

As I recall the demo code that came with the board only builds with IAR, I had to port it to build with Keil.

CooCox does some non-standard things, make sure you're calling SystemInit(), and that you properly initialize the panel/pins before trying to display things.

STM32L1_Discovery_Firmware_Pack_V1.0.3\Utilities\STM32L-DISCOVERY\stm32l_discovery_lcd.c

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on October 30, 2014 at 13:55

CooCox does some non-standard things, make sure you're calling SystemInit(), and that you properly initialize the panel/pins before trying to display things.

I could recommend EmBlocks instead, which follows the standard path of calling SystemInit from the startup code.

It is as free as Coocox, based on gcc, but does not have an Eclipse-based GUI.

The latter is a large plus for a lot of people ...