Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iNEMO-M1 as SPI Slave

rasko
Associate
Posted on November 03, 2014 at 15:44

Hello Everyone

I am working with the STEVAL-MKI121V1 board and Discovery-M1-Fw package, trying to get rid of the USB interface and replace it with SPI configured as Slave. My intention  for the the final system is to have the iNEMO-M1 connected via SPI to an embedded Linux box.

I can see that the iNEMO_Gatekeeper is the interface between the outside world and the iNEMO through a Virtual COM using the USB as the transport medium.

As far as I can see, there are two solutions to this. One is to change the Virtual COM to use SPI instead of USB, but in some way this doesn't make sense when thinking of standard USB-UART converters also configured as a Virtual COM's.

The other solution could be to remove the Virtual COM and setup the SPI directly in the Gatekeeper, but this way I feel that I am missing something to complete the integration.

I am mostly leaning towards skipping the entire Virtual COM and go for the integrated SPI solution, but I would really appreciate some suggestions from you guys.

Best Regards

Rasmus Kolds�

#4-wired-spi #inemo-m1-sample-code
1 REPLY 1
Posted on November 04, 2014 at 18:49

Hi.

Why do you want to use SPI? CAN  is more ''standardized'' and a lot of HW/SW is available for that.