Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVAL6480H-DISC

howard2
Associate
Posted on December 18, 2014 at 17:57

Hi,

does anyone know when the EVAL6480H-DISC will be available in the UK? Also will it be cheaper than the EVAL6480H evaluation board?

Thanks in advance,

Howard Smith

#eval6480h #eval6480h-disc #l6480
1 REPLY 1
FF1
Associate III

Hi,

I've also encountered big difficult in finding one EVAL6480H-DISC board so at the end I've decided to use another setup made of a STEVAL-PCC009V2 board + EVAL6480H, despite this require more space than the single EVAL6480H-DISC board, a nice side effect was obtained because into the STEVAL-PCC009V2 several microcontroller pins are exposed through the J2 connector, so in this way I was able to connect a quadrature encoder, some digital inputs and some external leds in a very easy way by means of an external breadboard.

With the aid of ST-Link/V2 I've updated the firmware inside the STEVAL-PCC009V2 in order to use it with the latest "SPINFamily Evaluation Tool 3.2" the demo GUI to test and tune the motor parameters, so by means of the IAR IDE (free version) I was able to program and debug my application through the JTAG port with the same ST-Link/V2 module.

So the little disadvantage of have two board is largely compensated by the flexibility that you have in connecting more input and output to the STEVAL-PCC009V2, this would have been difficult to obtain with only using the EVAL6480H-DISC board.

Hope this can help a bit.

Best regards

Fabio