Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heavy mechanical shocks STM32F405RG

wersalec
Associate
Posted on January 21, 2015 at 19:27

Hello there!

I need to develop the device which has to sustain heavy mechanical shocks (a peak of 10 000g). I am going to use 

http://www.ti.com/product/MSP430F5438A-EP

STM32F405RG. What level of mechanical shock can it sustain? I didn’t find such information in the datasheet. What packages (LQFP, UFBGA, WLCSP) is the most suitable for such applications?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Artem

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on January 21, 2015 at 20:09

I'd imagine most of the mass and stress would come from the lead frame and how you've attached it to the board.

The use case is probably outside the normal, you'd likely want to discuss this with your local ST representative, or FAE, and determine if it's a supported application, and how much of your own expertise/validation will be required.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
sdim
Associate III
Posted on January 22, 2015 at 20:52

Can you provide more details about the application?

If you need to quickly inspect and repair the equipment on the field, QFP is the only choice. BGA inspection requires highly specialized equipment and personel. X-ray imaging machines are used in production lines.

Lead free soldering is more fragile than leaded soldering. However, leaded solder is allowed only on specific applications such as military equipment.
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on January 26, 2015 at 15:09

Hi Artem,

As suggested by Clive1, please contact your FAE or local ST representative in order to discuss your requirement.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.