Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in running application

hossam
Associate II
Posted on August 27, 2015 at 16:47

Hi

We are using STM32F302C, schematic is attached.

some boards when powered on take more than one minute in order to get the application running, this problem happens only in stand alone mode ''without connecting ICD'' but when we are debugging and connecting ICD the boards starts immediately .

We tried to change the crystal but didn't solve the problem,

any recommendations

Best Regards

Hossam Alzomor0690X00000602rCQAQ.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on August 27, 2015 at 18:19

Hard to say, I'd probably get the USART1 (PA9/PA10) up and functional very early in the Reset Handler, and try to identify where the system was stuck/hung-up.

As mentioned in your other thread, you likely have an issue with the reset circuit.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Mikk Leini
Senior
Posted on August 27, 2015 at 21:26

Simple - you need oscilloscope. Check OSC_IN, RST and VDD signals. They should get stable ''fast'', not in minutes.

I HW looks ok then go to SW. There's probably one part in code which causes system to be slow so you need to trace it down. Take few unused pins, make them outputs in SW at very beginning and connect them to oscilloscope. At some certain initialization steps in SW turn the pins high/low so you can see in which stage the program is. If you get closer to the ''slower stage'' then add more pin toggling commands into that stage and pinpoint the reason.