Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cubemx stuck in ''Generating user source code''

n.serina
Associate III
Posted on April 08, 2017 at 08:29

Hello, 

I recently installed cubemx 4.20 latest version 4.20.1

I can generate the project only 1 time, later if i try to update the project by adding new peripherals, i can not able to generate the code, the whole application is stuck in 'Generating user source code '. the only way i can close this application is killing it by 'Task manager'. it happens every time. Please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on April 12, 2017 at 15:15

Hello

n.serina

In fact, the problem you highlighted is solved in CubeMX4.1.

Please, upgrade with the latest release of CubeMX.

Here is a screen shot of the CubeMX4.1 release note :

0690X00000606kEQAQ.png

Hope it will help you and that you won't encounter this issue in the future.

BR. Eric

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on April 09, 2017 at 22:44

Hi  n.serina,

I will report your issue internally to our CubeMx team.

Thank you  for your contribution.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on April 10, 2017 at 14:38

Hi,

Can you please send us the STM32CubeMX.log file you find under your user directory in the .stm32cubemx folder.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on April 12, 2017 at 15:15

Hello

n.serina

In fact, the problem you highlighted is solved in CubeMX4.1.

Please, upgrade with the latest release of CubeMX.

Here is a screen shot of the CubeMX4.1 release note :

0690X00000606kEQAQ.png

Hope it will help you and that you won't encounter this issue in the future.

BR. Eric

Posted on April 13, 2017 at 05:04

Hi

Joly.Jeanne

‌,

It would be helpful to us CubeMX users to have more more completeinformation in the release summary. Nothing in the referencedsummary indicates to me a fix to a hang within the CubeMX code generator. A separate 'Release Notes' section that went into more detail about the specific fixes that were made would also be helpful. And so would a public issue tracker (with references to resolvedissues in the release notes).

We'd also like to see apublic git repo for CubeMX and the HAL libraries. Many of us wouldlove to help ST make the Cube software and HAL libraries a better product.

Rob

Posted on April 13, 2017 at 09:53

Hello

Riggs.Rob

On the CubeMX release summary, we have a particular section for each official release with all the trackers listed (Id and headline) that are delivered in. (please, have a look to the

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/release_note/b2/02/4b/e3/81/32/49/c4/DM001076pdf/files/DM001076pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM001076pdf

).

For the CubeMX release 4.1, it is more specific as we should not have this intermediate/minor release but we discovered an important issue in CubeMX 4.0. Only one bug was delivered in CubeMX4.1 (compare to CubeMX4.0).

That is why you only have one sentence that describes the issue we encountered in CubeMX4.

Regarding your repo git for CubeMX users question,

• for the HAL librairies, this question is under analysis/study yet. As FW is only source code, it have sense to have a repo git.
  • however, for CubeMX, as CubeMX is delivered as a binary file, it has no sense to have a repo git for CubeMX release. Hence, no repo git for CubeMX is planned or under study for the moment.

BR. Eric

Posted on April 13, 2017 at 15:06

Hi

Joly.Jeanne

‌,

Thank you for the response. I missed the fact that all of the major releases have a reasonable amount of information about what has been fixed. I looked at this document originally to try to determine what was fixed in 4.1 and I did not find it very enlightening.

Great to hear that things are moving forward to have git repo for the FW!

Rob

n.serina
Associate III
Posted on April 13, 2017 at 18:00

Thank you so much for the help, i came to know that after updating my KEIL-MDK-5 software, the issue got resolved automatically,  

Chet Ferry
Associate II
Posted on April 13, 2017 at 21:39

I have had the same problem with CubeMx hanging for quite a while now.  Same fix for me is to open task manager and kill it then open it and try again.  I have the latest version 4.20.1 and it does NOT solve the problem.  Just thought I would chime in.  Thanks.

dpryan2
Associate
Posted on April 14, 2017 at 02:17

It is also broken for me.

I'm using 4.20.1. 

The log doesn't say anything exciting. Here are the last few lines:

[INFO] CodeGenerator:404 - code generatio: config db path: C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeMX//db/

[WARN] IP:1042 - AutoBaudRateEnableParam not found: check if there is a RefParameter without a condition.

[INFO] CodeEngine:162 - oldGeneratedFile, C:\Projects\someproject\Src\license.tmp_save

[INFO] CodeEngine:180 - Generated code: C:\Projects\someproject\Src\license.tmp

Edit: Maybe I wasn't waiting long enough? 9 minutes later, it completed.