cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAL SD CARD INTERFACE LIBRARY

confalonieri
Associate II
Posted on July 27, 2017 at 17:00

Using the HAL Library release 1.8.1 for the x476, I am facing problem using SD card from different company.

I am successfully using an 8Gbyte Verbatim micor-SDHC memory since a year. Nowadays I am trying to use instead a Kingston 8Gbyte microSDHC. The memory does not work !

Any other have the same problem ?

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on July 27, 2017 at 17:57

>>

Any other have the same problem ?

People have an endless stream of issues, no doubt some have Brand X vs Brand Y. Look more critically at what the cards are reporting in terms of speed, capacity, operational modes, etc. Try to nail down more specifically what command or transaction is failing, and what mode/speed this is occurring at.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
confalonieri
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2017 at 09:44

Thanks Clive,

I spent good time comparing the two microSDHC card CSD and CID parameters as you suggested. They are exactly the same !

The non working one, after the initial identification enter in 'HAL_SD_STATE_RESET' and did not replay to any command, unless it is switched off and then On and identified again in an endless loop.