cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help targeting an STM32F4DISCOVERY

dawud_beale
Associate
Posted on November 20, 2014 at 19:11

Hi everyone, I am trying to download some code onto a development board and I know for sure that the code itself works correctly. But I'm getting an error saying that I haven't targeting the board correctly so I wondered if someone could help talk me through the process of targeting a device to ensure my code uploads to the device correctly

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on November 20, 2014 at 19:29

And you're using what?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on November 20, 2014 at 19:36

0690X00000603IcQAI.jpg
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dawud_beale
Associate
Posted on November 20, 2014 at 22:40

STM32F4 discovery board with keil uVision 4.74

Posted on November 21, 2014 at 00:39

Ok, for this ''medium'' to work effectively you have to think very hard as you formulate and present your questions.

Would suggest you download (the red button at the very bottom, ignore other distractions) the

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257904

, which includes working examples and template projects for Keil uv4.

Make sure that you select the debug destination using the ''ST-LINK debugger'' and that you select the SWD protocol, and not JTAG

I haven't had a problem building code for the STM32 parts, and the STM32F4-DISCO, in Keil and downloading and running them. I'm not sure what failure or error you're experiencing.