cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Firmware Package (STM32cube FW_f4 V1.4.0) required by the Project is no longer managed by STM32Cube

hbarta2
Associate III
Posted on March 20, 2015 at 13:35

This is the message that STM32CubeMX presented to me on startup this morning. It is STM32CubeMX v4.6.0 and I believe it recently upgraded me to library version 1.4.0. I checked the web page and it looks like v1.4.0 is the most recent (http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF259243) The 'about' page shows ''STMCube V1.0'' which seems not right. The New Libraries Manager dialog shows both 1.3.0 and 1.4.0 STM32CubeF4 releases installed. The updater shows nothing new available.

I'm confused by this message so I hit cancel and moved on. It left me in with STM32CubeMX open but no project loaded. (I launched it by double clicking my project .ioc file.)

My question, I suppose is ''What gives?''
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on March 20, 2015 at 18:03

I had exactly the same situation yesterday morning (2015-03-19).

Everything seemed to work, but when I tried to generate code, Cube bitched that I didn't have a valid firmware package set in the settings tab of my project (or something to that effect).

Eventually I tried the typical Windows fix for everything; I shut down Cube without saving and restarted it. Everything was happy after that.
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on March 23, 2015 at 12:06

The message may be displayed because the loaded .ioc file was created with an old STM32CubeF4 firmware version.

You should be asked to migrate to new available version in this case.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

hbarta2
Associate III
Posted on March 23, 2015 at 12:15

I see that new versions are now available. (4.7.0 and 1.5.0) so perhaps STM32cubeMX checked while the update was in progress. IAC I was able to ignore and move on (and will continue to do so until a pending release is complete.)