Did you mean: 

Working Demos for STM32429I-EVAL?

hbarta2
Associate III
Posted on December 05, 2014 at 20:24

Hi folks,

I'm working the

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF259093

nd looking for working demos. It came with a demo loaded into flash (V1.1.1 IIRC) that was fully functional. Using the IAR EWARM tools I've built the demo in the STM32Cube package and unfortunately it does not initialize the camera correctly. It identifies itself as V1.1.0 so if I correctly recall the version of the demo as shipped, the one I have source for is one version behind. (found this at C:\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.3.0\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Demonstrations\MB1046 where the STM32Cube package is unpacked in C:\.)

Another possible issue is that it may not be the correct demo. It seems to be intended for the MB1046 version of this H/W and the board I have is labeled MB1045 Rev. B, There is also an MB1063 variant which I also tried and it did not properly initialize the LCD so it is difficult to determine if it was OK with the camera.

There is a camera/USB demo in C:\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.3.0\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Applications\Camera\Camera_To_USBDisk which I also tried and it did not properly initialize the LCD.

Is it possible to get the source for the working demo that this board shipped with? It seems like that would be easier than writing my own or debugging the ones provided. Debugging one of the provided demos is the next step and perhaps that will be easy. 😉

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on December 05, 2014 at 21:08

MB1046 and MB1063 are screen boards with different dimension LCD panels affixed to them.

Generally when software isn't available for public download you need to contact your local ST representative or FAE to procure it.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
hbarta2
Associate III
Posted on December 05, 2014 at 23:16

Thank you for the quick reply.

best,

hank