Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery boards and SPI/DMA example

hbarta2
Associate III
Posted on January 28, 2015 at 23:47

Hi folks,

I'm working with two Discovery boards (STM32F4-DISCOVERY and STM324F429I-DISCO) I'm running the SPI DMA example (C:\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.3.0\Projects\STM32F4-Discovery\Examples\SPI\SPI_FullDuplex_ComDMA for one board and C:\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.3.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Examples\SPI\SPI_FullDuplex_ComDMA for the other.) I find that the slave reads the data w/out difficulty but the master has a receive buffer filled with 0xFF.  I have reversed master/slave roles and get the same result (e.g. the master does not read the data in whether it is the STM32F429I or the STM32F407 board.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be most welcome.

I want to get SPI working between a Discovery board and Discovery-WiFi and don't have much confidence if I cannot get the provided examples working. (Any suggestions regarding this are welcome too!)

Thanks!

Edit: I had a wire amiss. Once I fixed that I found it works, sort of. It seems to be fine with the STM32F429I  as master but not with the STM32F407. With the STM32F407 both sides seem to read back two or three bytes correctly and then the rest is garbage.

#spi-dma-example
1 REPLY 1
hbarta2
Associate III
Posted on January 30, 2015 at 16:45

I saw that the 1.4 version of STMCube libraries are available so I tried the same test with them and get the same result. With the With the STM32F429I-DISCO (MB1075B) as master, both sides read the data w/out difficulty. With the STM32F4-discovery (MB997C) as master the first 3-4 characters were correct and the rest was garbage (on both master and slave.)