cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeF4 is wrong version

Wright.Simon
Associate III
Posted on August 06, 2015 at 21:01

The current download claims to be version 1.7.0, but in fact it’s version 1.3.0.

What would be really nice would be for all the versions to be available, so that we can select which one we want!
9 REPLIES 9
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on August 07, 2015 at 10:08

Hi,

1)STM32CubeF4 is wrong version: The cube package version is independent of the HAL_ drivers version. 

2)Releasing a new package is in order to integrate new products, to correct some bugs, to improve some drivers also, but not all drivers are changed.

3)To have more idea about the revision of drivers in your cube firmware package you can check the related release notes.

-Syrine-

Wright.Simon
Associate III
Posted on August 10, 2015 at 12:15

When I said

''

The current download claims to be version 1.7.0, but in fact it’s version 1.3.0.â€�  my reasons for saying so were that (a) the download was identical in size to the 1.3.0 version that I have saved, (b) when expanded the top-level folder was STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.3.0.

I see that there isn’t a download available at the moment, I hope someone is correcting the problem.

Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on August 10, 2015 at 13:20

Hi,

a) I am sorry, but I cannot understand the relation between size of packages and the updates. If packages have same sizes, it does not mean that they are the same.

b) If you search to download STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.3.0, you will not find it in the web as only the last version is available.

-Syrine-

Wright.Simon
Associate III
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 23:47

The packages have been getting steadily larger, so if I see that the putative 1.7.0 package has exactly the same number of bytes as the 1.3.0 package and that when I unpack it the top level directory name is STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.3.0 I think I can be excused for thinking that I have downloaded the 1.3.0 package!!!

I thought I was revisiting the download page, and I tried several times with the same result. Then (the last time I posted) there was no software to download at all, as I stated (the documentation was all there). Same today. So I started again at the top rather than relying on my browser’s history, and to my amazement and pleasure the download link is now present and is producing a differently-sized file - 238440618 bytes instead of the 153518495 bytes I had been getting - and whose top-level directory is STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.7.0.

So I suppose this is some sort of interaction between my browser (Safari) and STM’s complex web site.

I know STM doesn’t make older versions of the software available, for reasons that I must say I cannot understand. It can’t be that they can’t afford the disk space, can it? It just means that we users have to help each other out by keeping and exchanging our own archived copies.

Anyway, my issue has gone away. Thanks for responding.

Posted on August 12, 2015 at 00:26

Seem to remember there being a method within Cube to see and grab older releases. Can't find the post right now.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on August 12, 2015 at 00:29

qwer.asdf's post [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/stm32cube%5bfl%5d.zip%20-%20previous%20versions&FolderCTID=0x01200200770978C69A1141439FE559EB459D7580009C4E14902C3CDE46A77F0FFD06506F5B&currentviews=111]here

philipspies
Associate
Posted on August 12, 2015 at 01:07

Hi, I am creating projects with MX Cube for the Nucleo L053R8 board with firmware STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.1.0. 

There is a problem with the firmware where the uart does not work properly. 

Where do I download STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.2.0 and how do I import it into MX Cube as V1.2.0 is not listed in there?

Posted on August 12, 2015 at 01:38

Seems a bit off-topic, couldn't you have started a new thread? See ''New'' top left corner of the list of postings.

Is there even a V1.2.0 version of the L0 Cube release available? Not seeing it listed.

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF260508

qwer.asdf
Senior
Posted on August 12, 2015 at 12:48

> Is there even a V1.2.0 version of the L0 Cube release available? Not seeing it listed.

Nope, not released yet. But there are two [

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/st_prod_software_internet/resource/technical/software/firmware/stm32cube_fw_l0_v111.zip

and

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/st_prod_software_internet/resource/technical/software/firmware/stm32cube_fw_l0_v112.zip

] patches available for the v1.1.0 version. But no need to manually install them as Cube can find and install those patches.