Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bus Fault Exception Trap

mikemanzano.javier9
Associate II
Posted on December 16, 2015 at 04:17

Hi,

I have another problem. Im developing a machine, but currently, I am encountering random freeze of the software. When I tried to debug it though Call Stack, I was able to point out that every time it happen, it goes to Bus exception trap.

I also noticed that when building my application, there are 2 unresolved warnings:

Warning[Lo007]: [stack usage analysis] at least one function does not have

stack usage information. Example: ''__VECTOR_TBL''. A complete list of

such functions is in the map file.

Warning[Lo009]: [stack usage analysis] the program contains at least one

indirect call. Example: from ''vBcrTsk''. A complete list of such

functions is in the map file.

I tried to search the net but I havent yet find any materials to understand and to fix the said warnings.

Also I would like to ask if possible, if you think that there is possibility that Bus Exception Trap is related to the said warning.

I also check the map file (attached here though I deleted most parts).

I like to understand what the STACK USAGE analyzer is saying.

There are two patterns I saw.

I hope you can help me with my problems.

Thank you.

Regards

Mike

#bus-exception-trap
1 REPLY 1
Posted on December 16, 2015 at 04:58

Questions you'd presumably want to put to the guys at IAR supporting their tools? And failing that reviewing their documentation for the compiler and linker.

It looks to be doing some static analysis of the call chains, and complaining that the way some components are built, or there nature (assembler?), doesn't present metrics in the object files.

The cause of your problems? Hard to say, probably not, check your initial stack allocation is adequate, and that your flash wait state, caching, and clock settings are coherent.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..