Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103ZE UART Tx Random Frame Error

mikemanzano.javier9
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 17:09

Hi,

I like to ask opinion.

Currently, in my project, I am using several UART. I connected a logic analyzer on Tx and Rx of one channel. Then in Tx, in random bytes, I saw frame error indicated by extra bit space at the end of a byte. The receiving terminal can recognize bytes with frame error however it looks dirty.

At first im operating at high baudrate, but when I lower baudrate to 9600, it still occur.

Also I thought, because the port header is near power jack but i proven it not. I use another UART channel in which its header is far from power source and the frame error still occur.

I also thought its because of sampling rate, but even if I use already 24MSample per second, frame error still occur.

In Rx, the frame error doesnt happen. only in Tx.

Any idea what went wrong?

Regards,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
mikemanzano.javier9
Associate II
Posted on March 31, 2016 at 09:14

I attached screen shot of the logic analyzer capture.

Attachments :

frame_error.png : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0rq&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bem%2FemZrkj5qEjxHHwexVpBwhpSjhrPnVuSIrmDySbezhWE&asPdf=false
mikemanzano.javier9
Associate II
Posted on March 31, 2016 at 09:31

Hi,

Im sorry.. Just now I learned the answer to my question.

I did not notice that the machine side is sending with parity even and the application is sending without parity.

its already resolve.

thank you for time.

regards,

mj

Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on March 31, 2016 at 11:49

Hi javier.michael,

Thanks for your contribution and implimenting your feedback after you finding issue.

-Hannibal-