cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVAL229QR Not Enabling

dgrimes
Associate II
Posted on December 01, 2014 at 23:48

I purchased the L6229Q eval board and have connected to a 3-phase BLDC motor (H1, H2, H3, OUT1, OUT2, OUT3). I have VDD and EN connected to a 5V supply with SGND and VS connected to a sceond 12V supply with PGND. I am getting no response when I apply 0-5V signal to Vref (SGND reference) and there is no output on TACHO when I rotate the motor by hand (but I can see PIN 25-27 getting correct 5V inputs.)

Is it a bad device or have I misunderstood connections?

#l6229-l6229q
3 REPLIES 3
dgrimes
Associate II
Posted on December 02, 2014 at 18:38

Further info: I have also connected F/R and BRAKE to +5V now, the board draws high current ~0.2A and motor spins momentarily before stopping. The board gets very hot in this time. Disconnecting F/R and allowing this to float and cycling power will cause brief operation in reverse rotation (connecting F/R to GROUND as suggested in manual does not have any operation even briefly.)

Board also draws high current even with motor phases disconnected - seems like short in output circuit inside device.

Enrico Poli
ST Employee
Posted on December 03, 2014 at 16:36

Did you check if the Hall sensor signals are working properly?

dgrimes
Associate II
Posted on December 03, 2014 at 19:03

Hi, thanks for your post.

Yes, I have confirmed when rotating by hand the hall states change (+5V appearing on pin 8-10). OUT1 appears to be correctly synchnozied with H1 according to the motor datasheet I have, so I have ordered additional eval boards in the case this one is damaged.