cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo Board + IAR -> Can I get Data logging?

uc2013135191
Associate II
Posted on June 09, 2015 at 05:04

Hi everyone,

I have a STM32F072B Nucleo board (god knows why, should have listen to good advises -.-) and IAR Workbench with the 32Kb code limit version. V7.40.

In an attempt to get more familiar with IAR tools I was looking for ways to monitor data in a graphic and monitor code execution cycles.

So I tried to use the tools under ''ST-Link''.

First what it seemed easier. Data logging. I configured the SWO to know the target is at 48Mhz and the SWO clock to 2000Khz. Opened the data log window, added the variable I wanted and waited... for nothing. There is no data getting into the graph.

I am not sure if I did anything wrong, all my drivers are installed, I tried also using the SWO trace (after some messing arround with the config) and nothing happens.

Could this be because of the dam Nucleo board or am I doing something wrong?

Help is really appreciated as I tried for quite a while to search for info on this but it seems everything I am doing is correct (obviously there is something wrong with either my steps or the board)

4 REPLIES 4
uilter
Senior
Posted on June 09, 2015 at 13:43

Hello Afonso,

The Data logging that you want enable is the Power Log Setup window?

If not, could you sent a print screen of this window?

uc2013135191
Associate II
Posted on June 09, 2015 at 18:49

Hi Wittle,

Unfortunately it always gives me an error when I try to post with an image.

The window I am talking about is opened by going''ST-Link->Timeline''. Is this what you wanted to know?

Posted on June 09, 2015 at 19:26

Don't Cortex-M0 parts have very limited SWO functionality?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
uilter
Senior
Posted on June 09, 2015 at 19:50

Afonso,

I develop in IAR and never saw this window, but if you find some figure in web poste here.

Put the complete way to able this window too.

Thanks.